We have a simple method in Kx Control to schedule starts for processes. But below, is a demonstration of how to use the DS_TERMINATE_PRCL template to schedule a process shutdown.
1. Search DS_TERMINATE_PRCL in Control
2. First, let's create the list of processes to shut down. Duplicate the DS_TERMINATE_PRCL_NAME:DEFAULT config
3. Name it, select the package that contains the processes then click 'Add'
4. Go to 'Attribute Values' and add the processes
For example, if I intended to shutdown emea_gw and emea_qr
5. Save this config and return back to the DS_TERMINATE_PRCL search
6. Right click the template, and select 'New Process Instance'
7. Name it, select the relevant package then click 'Add'
8. In 'Instance Params', select the value as the config we created earlier and save it
9. Search for your created instance, right click and select 'New Task'
10. Name the task, and click 'Add'. The other fields will be populated correctly (workflow isn't necessary)
11. Enable 'Schedule Task' and fill in the details to schedule the shutdown how you desire
Once this task is saved, your scheduled shutdowns will be fully set up. Feel free to provide feedback and questions below.
Super content Luke!
Thanks for sharing in so much detail 🙌
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Tel: +44 (0)28 3025 2242
Tel: +1 (212) 447 6700
Tel: +61 (0)2 9236 5700
KX. All Rights Reserved.
KX and kdb+ are registered trademarks of KX Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of FD Technologies plc.