cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An IDE to do debug

hzadonis
New Contributor
Hi, Dear all:
  Do we have a nice IDE tool to do Q script debug?
  I'm using Atom or other Editor to write script right now, but it's very difficult to do debug. What's the one you're using?

Zheng
4 REPLIES 4

kuentang
New Contributor
Afaik there is no ide for debugging.

If you want to implement one you can consider the vscode editor. It has a nice interface.

Perhaps this article will change your opinion about debugging.

Kim

Sent from my iPhone

_Oz_
New Contributor
Although there may be no IDE for true debugging of q code, thanks to Andrey Kozyrev, there is a stateful interpreter that can be used to get a much better idea about what's going wrong on the instance. 2 versions and web GUI are available as a contribution on Kx developers site. Also 1st version is integrated into qinsightpad.com - handy freebie I'm giving back to brilliant Kx community ;).

In ideal world where there's no legacy code and you using q to help your mind along to crunch vast amounts of data with unparallel computing power, all those would be useless, of course. Alas, not all of us are allowed to live there all the time 😉

Cheers,
Oleg

hzadonis
New Contributor
Thanks Oleg, Kunetang:
  I'm trying to use qinsightpad for debugging q code.

在 2017年2月23日星期四 UTC+8下午5:39:36,_Oz_写道:
Although there may be no IDE for true debugging of q code, thanks to Andrey Kozyrev, there is a stateful interpreter that can be used to get a much better idea about what's going wrong on the instance. 2 versions and web GUI are available as a contribution on Kx developers site. Also 1st version is integrated into qinsightpad.com - handy freebie I'm giving back to brilliant Kx community ;).

In ideal world where there's no legacy code and you using q to help your mind along to crunch vast amounts of data with unparallel computing power, all those would be useless, of course. Alas, not all of us are allowed to live there all the time 😉

Cheers,
Oleg

_Oz_
New Contributor
Hi, Zheng!

You can get latest version here (usually includes useful fixes for debugger, etc)

And if interface seems a bit confusing, this post contains useful tips on using qPad in general and few paragraphs on debugger

Cheers,
Oleg