cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fundamentals Capstone Project

tobias
New Contributor

Hi,

I have just started working on the Fundamentals Capstone Project. The problem is if I go to the project file and right click "render markdown" I can't edit the file anymore.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Thanks,

Tobias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Laura
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tobias ,

Thanks for your message. I'm not aware of a way to edit the rendered markdown directly. 

You can edit the unrendered version of the markdown file and if you save (ctrl+s), your changes should appear in the rendered version. 

The way I would recommend setting up your workspace is splitting vertically by right clicking 

Laura_0-1699371339114.png

Then moving your .md files to one side and the scratchpad on the other, then you can run all your code in the scratch pad (this is the way I have found easiest)

Just be aware you'll need to either copy and save your code into the unrendered project file or save it in a notepad elsewhere so that you don't lose your work.

Hope this helps,

Laura

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Laura
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tobias ,

Thanks for your message. I'm not aware of a way to edit the rendered markdown directly. 

You can edit the unrendered version of the markdown file and if you save (ctrl+s), your changes should appear in the rendered version. 

The way I would recommend setting up your workspace is splitting vertically by right clicking 

Laura_0-1699371339114.png

Then moving your .md files to one side and the scratchpad on the other, then you can run all your code in the scratch pad (this is the way I have found easiest)

Just be aware you'll need to either copy and save your code into the unrendered project file or save it in a notepad elsewhere so that you don't lose your work.

Hope this helps,

Laura

tobias
New Contributor

Thanks a lot!