cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract remote data

Qin
New Contributor

Please tell me the code to solve the following issues:

Using the handle ```` h` and the `a`  variable , call the `xxx`  API and retrieve the  data. Store the returned table in a variable `t`.

3 REPLIES 3

rocuinneagain
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qin
New Contributor

I'm unable to complete the following tasks.
Please tell me how.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reference data for these Options are actually stored on a separate q process that operates as an internal service. This process is restricted in that it only allows calls to it's APIs.

The two available APIs are the following:

• getOptionRef - This API takes as it's only input a symbol list of Options and returns a table with the associated Reference data
  • getInstRef - This API takes as it's only input a list of longs corresponding to Instrument IDs and returns a table with the associated Reference data

This Reference data process is a q process which is accessible on port 5010.

1.4 Using your IPC knowledge, connect to this service and store the open handle in a variable refServiceHandle

1.5 Using the handle refServiceHandle and the uniqueOpts variable we created before, call the getOptionRef API and retrieve the associated Options Reference data. Store the returned table in a variable optRef.

1.6 Now, extract the unique instruments in our new optRef table, and call the getInstRef API to return the Instrument Reference data and store in a table instRef.

Do you have any details of your specific issue or error?

This request is vague. https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask