cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for

chetal
New Contributor
Where I can get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb forpersonal use?Thanks,-- Pradeep
6 REPLIES 6

nathan_perrem
New Contributor
Hi Pradeep,
Why not just write a q script that opens a connection to the tickerplant and then over write .z.ts timer function to asynchronously send updates to the tickerplant every n milliseconds? Inside .z.ts, just create some random sample data to send.

Nathan

2009/9/10 Pradeep <chetal@gmail.com>

Where I can get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for
personal use?

Thanks,

-- Pradeep

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:37:52 -0400Message-ID: <606d36300909100637g191fdf94p19ddfed41aac51f8@mail.gmail.com>Subject: Re: [personal kdb+] Re: Where can I get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for personal use?From: Pradeep Chetal To: personal-kdbplus@googlegroups.comNathan,I was trying to get some real-data, even if it is not real-time.-- PradeepOn Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Nathan Perrem wrote:> Hi Pradeep,> Why not just write a q script that opens a connection to the tickerplant and> then over write .z.ts timer function to asynchronously send updates to the> tickerplant every n milliseconds? Inside .z.ts, just create some random> sample data to send.>> Nathan>> 2009/9/10 Pradeep >>>>>> Where I can get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for>> personal use?>>>> Thanks,>>>> -- Pradeep>>>>>>> >>

Hi Pradeep,
Then I would suggest you combine Felix's idea with mine.
Download csv files from finance.yahoo.com and read them into your q process.
Then inside .z.ts, send out chunks of this table to the Tickerplant every n milliseconds.

Nathan

2009/9/10 Pradeep Chetal <chetal@gmail.com>

Nathan,

I was trying to get some real-data, even if it is not real-time.

-- Pradeep

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:47:08 -0400Message-ID: <606d36300909100647o2c1fd660haaebd80a25d8af1b@mail.gmail.com>Subject: Re: [personal kdb+] Re: Where can I get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for personal use?From: Pradeep Chetal To: personal-kdbplus@googlegroups.comGreat, that will workThanks-- PradeepOn Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Nathan Perrem wrote:> Hi Pradeep,> Then I would suggest you combine Felix's idea with mine.> Download csv files from finance.yahoo.com and read them into your q process.> Then inside .z.ts, send out chunks of this table to the Tickerplant every n> milliseconds.>> Nathan>> 2009/9/10 Pradeep Chetal >>>> Nathan,>>>> I was trying to get some real-data, even if it is not real-time.>>>> -- Pradeep>>>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Nathan Perrem>> wrote:>> > Hi Pradeep,>> > Why not just write a q script that opens a connection to the tickerplant>> > and>> > then over write .z.ts timer function to asynchronously send updates to>> > the>> > tickerplant every n milliseconds? Inside .z.ts, just create some random>> > sample data to send.>> >>> > Nathan>> >>> > 2009/9/10 Pradeep >> >>>> >>>> >> Where I can get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for>> >> personal use?>> >>>> >> Thanks,>> >>>> >> -- Pradeep>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> > >>> >>>>>>>> >>

Valerio
New Contributor
User-Agent: G2/1.0X-Google-Token: 2Gh9jAwAAABuqI7GVdcY38B1pHA3jmkFX-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.19.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Vienna/2.3.4.2305,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)Message-ID: Subject: Re: Where can I get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for personal use?From: Valerio To: "Kdb+ Personal Developers" X-Google-Approved: charlie@kx.com via web at 2009-09-14 22:36:01www.tradingphysics.com has real time data (and raw ITCH feed)ValerioOn Sep 10, 7:47�am, Pradeep Chetal wrote:> Great, that will work>> Thanks>> -- Pradeep>>>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Nathan Perrem wrote:> > Hi Pradeep,> > Then I would suggest you combine Felix's idea with mine.> > Download csv files from finance.yahoo.com and read them into your q process.> > Then inside .z.ts, send out chunks of this table to the Tickerplant every n> > milliseconds.>> > Nathan>> > 2009/9/10 Pradeep Chetal >> >> Nathan,>> >> I was trying to get some real-data, even if it is not real-time.>> >> -- Pradeep>> >> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Nathan Perrem> >> wrote:> >> > Hi Pradeep,> >> > Why not just write a q script that opens a connection to the tickerplant> >> > and> >> > then over write .z.ts timer function to asynchronously send updates to> >> > the> >> > tickerplant every n milliseconds? Inside .z.ts, just create some random> >> > sample data to send.>> >> > Nathan>> >> > 2009/9/10 Pradeep >> >> >> Where I can get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for> >> >> personal use?>> >> >> Thanks,>> >> >> -- Pradeep

felix1
New Contributor
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.936)fianance.yahoo.comyou can download delayed data as csv and push them to a kdb.felixOn 10 Sep 2009, at 16:01, Pradeep wrote:>>> Where I can get canned/simulated/real-time free data feed for kdb for> personal use?>> Thanks,>> -- Pradeep>> >