The purpose of this post is to present the DS_EXEC_ANALYTIC template. Many of our KX Product users are eager to learn more about this template, and what better place to provide a demonstration than here on the KX Community!
What is the DS_EXEC_ANALYTIC Template?
It is a process template built-in to the KX Platform - KX Control. Simply, it allows you to connect to another process, and schedule the execution of a provided analytic.
How can I implement this in my KX Product?
Note: This guide is generic and should be adjusted accordingly.
1. Search DS_EXEC_ANALYTIC in Control
2. Right click, and select 'New Process Instance'
3. Name it, and select the relevant package
4. Click 'Add'
5. Move to Reserved Params. Here, you need to provide the host of the target process, .i.e. the process that you intend to connect to.
6. Move to Instance Params, prclInstance's value needs to be the target process.
7. Also under Instance Params, the analyticName is to be the name of the analytic that will be executed, i.e. the supplied the analytic. Note that it is not required for this analytic to be loaded on the target process in advance.
8. Now save this.
9. Search exec_demo_0 (or your chosen name) in Control
10. Right click, select 'New Task', and name it
The Instance and Package will be automatically correctly populated. It is not necessary to populate the Workflow.
11. Click 'Add'
12. Enable 'Schedule Task'
13. Configure 'Start' and 'End' as per your preference. Select your favoured 'Frequency' option.
14. Save this task.
This concludes the demonstration.
I hope you have found this beneficial. As always, we welcome feedback and questions!